National Bullying Prevention Month
Though we at Pathfinder strive to create safe spaces for students, October draws particular attention to the critical issue of bullying. 1 in 5 students now report experiencing bullying behavior in school. It is a serious matter and has become one of the top reasons parents choose online schooling as they seek a more welcoming, kind environment for their kids.
- Online schools remove anxiety in the cafeteria, hallways, or restrooms.
- We provide an instructional environment where students can focus on learning.
- We allow parents to choose their children’s social settings.
- Most importantly, we focus on strengthening the voice of all students and families.
- Advisory sessions led by teachers and success coaches
- Lunch clubs and other online social opportunities supported by trusted staff members
- Mentor programs
- Ongoing family surveys to keep a pulse on your thoughts and opinions throughout the entire school year
October is a time to bring awareness to bullying prevention and raise everyone’s voice in this vital conversation. It may also serve as a time to evaluate how your child feels at school and what options are available.
Together, we can create a kinder, more inclusive online school.